ladder height

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

branimal

Reaction score
i need to buy a ladder for my apartment but storage is an issue. does anyone know the height of an 8 foot ladder when its folded up? thanks.

i need to buy a ladder for my apartment but storage is an issue. does anyone know the height of an 8 foot ladder when its folded up? thanks.

A little less than 8'. But if you have 8' ceilings you probably would be better of with a 6'.

Oh, yeah, welcome to House Repair Talk!

It’s funny this was posted a co worker asked me this morning who makes a 7 foot ladder. With 8 foot ceilings an 8 is too tall to move around and store but if you use it some outside a 7 would be better than a 6 and inside if you have a room with a vaulted ceiling to 10 foot as lots of homes do now a 6 is a little short.

My nephew has a lil giant actually he has two of them different sizes and I would love to have one. The infomercial is pretty good in explaining all the versatility of them. I actually told the guy today asking about a 7 footer to look at them. I could have used one last week painting a stairway. The only reason I don’t have one is I have stepladders and extension ladders and they cover all I care to get to.

I just bought a cosco step ladder at Kmart and have been using it for about 4 months I would recommend that one. They are sold all over I got the 6 footer and it lets you get closer to a wall facing straight in than my others. The drawback is the fold out shelve is more under the top and makes holding a can of paint worse. For everything else it works great. They also have a lil giant like ladder that looked pretty good.

We use the three way ladder. Made by a few companies and not all are equall. But a seven foot ladder can extend to eleven ft straight up or off set for working on stairs and such. I've seen them from five ft to 10 ft.

Latest posts

Back