Gas Control Valve

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yea, this sensor only has the one 12v wire going to it. No other wire that goes back to the ignition module.

That not a sensor , it is just a spark plug.
Does this fireplace have a name model number or anything. when was the house built.

House was built in 1997. Not sure the brand of fireplace.

Found the Schematic. I am missing what looks like a ground from that "spark plug" back to the module
Screen%20Shot%202016-12-06%20at%2011.07.03%20PM_zpso6mrgaxh.png

But mine is wired like this.
Screen%20Shot%202016-12-06%20at%2011.07.03%20PM%20copy_zpsfystnup4.png

House was built in 1997. Not sure the brand of fireplace.

Found the Schematic. I am missing what looks like a ground from that "spark plug" back to the module
Screen%20Shot%202016-12-06%20at%2011.07.03%20PM_zpso6mrgaxh.png

But mine is wired like this.
Screen%20Shot%202016-12-06%20at%2011.07.03%20PM%20copy_zpsfystnup4.png

That unit provides the high voltage spark, nothing to do with what you are missing.

Watch this again and pay attention when he gets to the thermopile. The heat of the fire produces some mini volts and tells the controller to stay open. That is what you haven't got.
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRjX5m0zHUU[/ame]

Totally get what it does. Just don't see any place that it would plug/screw into on the gas valve or module.

Found my fire place. FMIDVF36.

Here is how it is wired.
Screen%20Shot%202016-12-06%20at%2011.41.57%20PM_zpsadehntpp.png

Ok. I just fixed this stupid thing. Took the flame sensor out. Cleaned it. Then also disconnected the ignition module for a few minutes to clear the ingition lockout code. Plugged it all back and and BOOM. Works like a charm now!

Thanks all for the help! Its working great now!

do you see a difference in the flame placement here

adjust the sensor to be in the flame more

pilot_flame.jpg

fp.jpg

Ok. I just fixed this stupid thing. Took the flame sensor out. Cleaned it. Then also disconnected the ignition module for a few minutes to clear the ingition lockout code. Plugged it all back and and BOOM. Works like a charm now!

Thanks all for the help! Its working great now!

Good for you, I guess I was going the wrong direction.:p

No worries. Just glad people are here to help.

Next project is my 500Sq ft putting green in the back yard :)

Back