Help: Brick Flooring - Kitchen

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RaiderScott

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new to the forum and was hoping to get some sourcing information. My wife and I purchased a home and would like to put a brick fllor in the kitchen. Below are some pictures we took of a house with the look we are going for. I guess I would describe it as "old chicago" style brick with a healthy amount of mortar. There is a gloss film on top because the bricks would be too porous if not.

Anyone seen this before? Is there a term for it? Suggestions on suppliers?

One of the bricks was seaparated at the seem, so we picked it up to confirm that it was not a full brick. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

brickfloor1.jpg

brickfloor2.jpg

RaiderScott:

I Googled "Brick Flooring" and got 351,000 websites that have something to do with the stuff. In a few seconds of skimming the first line of each page, I can tell you that the "bricks" are typically only 1/2 to 1 inch thick and they're called "brick flooring tiles". I suppose you could use full size brick on a concrete slab floor, but with wood floor joists, the weight of the floor would be a major concern and you'd want to stick with the brick "floor tiles".

Surface Types - all tile, brick, stone characteristics

I expect that if you Google "Brick flooring tiles", you'll do better than I.

Last edited:
Back