Cabinet doors and drawer fronts

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abledsoe

Reaction score
Im trying to get a ballpark idea of the cost of new doors and drawer fronts. I recently bought an older house that really doesnt have many cabinets. The cabinets themselves are a dark stained wood and seem to be in pretty good shape. The previous owners had replacement laminate doors and drawer fronts put on, they are cream colored. I would like to put wood doors and drawer fronts back on.
Is this going to be costly? Should I try to match the stain or can I put some contrasting color that will look okay? Sorry, Im kinda new at this. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Hello ABledsoe:
You could take the drawers and doors to any cabinet shop and have the drawer fronts replaced and new doors made. Matching would be nice but you could be bold and use a contrast like natural oak.
The cost is very variable but it would certainly be less than new cabinets would cost.
Glenn

Changing the doors and the hardware will help plenty if you ask me.
Guys that own shops nowadays can't make doors and any finish you want, cheaper than they can buy them, go figure.
A door company who supply's my buddies shop is Conestoga, find them at www.thecabinetjoint.com
Measure all your doors and place an order.
Good luck :)

Back