Wall Touchup

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aywho

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm a student and have no experience in painting at all. I'm posting on this forum to see if I can get some tips on how to do simple touchup. Recently I saw some scuff marks on the wall, and I decide to use the paint from the original paint can. It was such a small scuff mark (the size of a dime) that I decide to use cotton swab. I dipped the cotton swab into the paint and applied an extremely thin layer. Afterwards I let it dry. After a day, when I examined the wall from different angle, I see a difference, and it looks like a patch.

I'm sure that the color is the same, but why is it that I can still spot the difference (esp. when I'm looking at it from the side)

How do I fix it without repainting the entire wall?

Thanks so much!

First thing is paint take about 30 days to full cure, so the new area should blend over time if it is the same paint.
Also using a different applicator will make a difference, if the wall was painted with a roller and you try to touch it up with a brush you will se a difference at least for a while.
Give it some time and see what happens.
:usa:

Back