Frigidaire washer not starting

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TuscaloosaGrad

Reaction score
I inherited a Frigidaire LTF530FSO front loading washer upon the purchase of my house. Two+ years later the washer began displaying some symptoms, largely not draining fully. This issue occurred occasionally, and was easily fixed by setting the washer back to the spin cycle to give the washer a second chance to empty.

On Sunday the washer stopped working completely. The machine door lock lights up when a cycle is started, but it will not begin to fill nor will anything happen after it sits there for a while. Also, despite the light, the door will not actually lock. Setting it to other portions of the cycle does nothing. After some reading online I attempted to repair it by taking apart the drain tubes so that I could clean them out. And indeed, the part right before the drain pump which has a sort of mesh tube to catch debris, was completely full of gunk including lots of hair, a few metal nuts, some hair clips, etc. Unfortunately, the machine displays the same symptoms as before despite the cleaned drain.

I suspect a metal piece got through the mesh and into the drain pump and broke something, does that seem likely? I would hate to buy the $90 pump if i'm wrong. Is there some other reasonable explanation? Suggestions please.

Hi,

LTF530FSO

That likely will be LTF530FS0

Sounds like 2 problems!
Would be a good idea to check the door switch/latch.

doorsw417.jpg

Door-Lock-131763202-01235825.jpg

Door lock and switch assembly Manufacturer Number 131763202

Drain-Pump-137108000--00779451.jpg

Drain pump, Washing Machine Manufacturer Number 137108000

http://www.applianceaid.com/frigidaire-frontload-washer-water-not-draining.php

jeff.

I am also a Tuscaloosa Grad of 1968. I also have a washer but it works. Roll Tide!

Jeff: Thanks for your input! I am looking into both potential issues and will update with results.

Woodchuck: Roll Tide 4 Life!!!!!!!!! To be precise i'm actually not yet a graduate of UA, but instead a graduate student at UA. :D

Thanks again for your help. I replaced the door lock and switch assembly and that restored the washer. Though horribly clogged, the pump was not broken. Yay!

Back