Shed exterior

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MartiDee

Reaction score
I'm covering the exterior walls of my garden shed with cedar shake shingles (to match the house) but on the 2 walls against the fence (not visible) I'd like to reduce cost and labor by using some other material. 4x8 sheets of something INEXPENSIVE and paintable would be ideal. The shed is sheathed with 1/2" OSB over 2x4 studs on 16" centers so I don't need structural strength. Any suggestions would be welcomed.

T 1-11 takes a solid stain, oil based preferred, nicely. Put on a solid coat of OB and it should last for 20+ years up against a fence where it is protected.

I'd use Hardi-Panel T1-11 instead of wood. It takes paint much easier than the rough wood T1-11 and won't rot.

Nobodys going to see it, Dig thru the plywood pile at the store and get some nicer looking peices and cover the joints with 1x4. Oil based stain. Exterior grade plywood.

I know I posted this question, but have no idea how I did it!! (it was my first) I now have another question about hanging a door, but have NO IDEA about to go about starting a new thread. Can someone offer some advice, please. Thank you.

Latest posts

Back