Help in Canada - Need to replace a bathtub!

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andsoitgoes

Reaction score
Okay - after heming, hawing and getting overwhelmingly frustated by the idea, I needed to bring this to a good DIY forum.

We've just purchased a house which has a fairly standard bathroom, it's small - but not tiny, no measurments but at least 9' deep by about 8 - 10' wide, maybe a bit wider?

My wife de-stresses by taking a bath, and what they have in there is about as basic as you can get as far as tubs go.

We need to replace this tub with something that's more usable for my wife. We wanted initially to tear down the wall and build the bathroom out into the hallway, taking up that space - but it doesn't seem like that's an easy logistical option.

So, simply put.

We want to replace the bathtub with a soaker tub with shower, one that's maybe a little bit wider than what's there - I'm figuring I'll need detailed pics and measurements - but I'm just wondering it this is a reasonable thought to do for our bathroom renos?

Anyway able to put in their 2 cents? What info do we need to get when we go back to get measurements?

Thanks

Welcome to the Forum Andsoitgoes:
It would be a good idea to draw a sketch of the floor plan of the bath, take some pictures and go to one of the major building supply stores or a large plubing supply house. Either of them will be happy to show you what is available and help you to arrange a new bath room.
Larger tubs, whirlpools, saunas, showers from all directions; the options are limitless. Just tell them what you think you would like and they will be glad to take it from there.

The issue we run into here is finding one that is reputable, and reasonable. The only one I know of is horrifically expensive.

That's the issue is trying to find a local store, things aren't as easily accessible in Canada - the market is slightly different here.

Welcome to the Forum Andsoitgoes: What your looking for is a good Manufacture like Kohler, American standard, Crane, you know the ones that have been around for years. A soaker tub is not a big deal, no moving parts and so on. I have bought through Home Depot and Andrew Sherritt over here on the island with no problems.

Latest posts

Back