General Cost?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ffisher

Reaction score
I am looking to install an inground pool in my backyard. I have been saving up for a long time and I'm ready to start the process. As far as the basic over view how much have you guys paid for something like this?

It's like buying a car or guessing how long a string is. A better solution would be call some companies that install pools in your area and get quotes. Concrete/liner, size/shape, are you going with a salt water system, what about decking, access to back yard for excavation, trees in the area...I'm sure theres a lot I missed.

I'll try to help a bit...so I was given this number by a few folks locally. $1,000 per ft. So a 20 ft long pool (assuming not 20 ft wide of course) would be roughly $20K.

Includes install, basic pump, 4ft of concrete around pool, NO COVER. Nothing fancy...just a basic install...and then of course it goes up from there. I've tested this with a few local companies, and all were close.

This is assuming a fiberglass pool.

Owing a pool sounds great, i wish i had much space in the backyard....

Sounds great until you figure out all the real cost to maintain one, and the liability involved.

Up here, when you sell a house with a pool you have to discount it so the pool can be removed.

Same here nealtw. My friend just had his house up for sale for two years with a few nibbles and they all asked how much to get rid of the pool. He drained it and filled it in and planted grass and the house sold.

Not that a pool isn’t a great thing if you want one but resale could be hampered.

I have looked at the one piece fiberglass pools that they bring and set in the ground with a rig. I was told they are so smooth they don’t require as much chemicals to maintain. Can’t remember the cost comparison now though.

its illegal to fill in pools in my city, you have to have them removed which is big money. unless it is an above ground

Latest posts

Back