Rare single-button light switch

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have some available. I have been contacted by so many people I think it would be only be fair to place these up for auction. I have placed them on Ebay. When you search for them seach Tap-Lite. I have 10 used single poles, 3 NIB single Poles all 15Amp 120V. 2 NIB Single Gang switch covers with 4 decrative inserts, 3 used single gang switch covers, 3 double gang switch covers, and 3 triple gang switch covers. Also I have placed a dimmer switch cover called Dim-A-Lite made to match the tap-lite switch covers. It has 2 decorative inserts. Thanks all for the overwhelming responses!

I am looking for a triple gang switch cover for the tap-lite. This is a great switch system and it is unfortunate that they are no longer in production. Please PM me!

Hello Forum,

Doing some remodeling in our 1950's Brick home here in Baltimore, we have these Honeywell Tap-Lites that were installed by my partners father, a little bit of attachment to them. Has anyone come across any replacements? If not, I need one replacement clear cover for the switch for the outside light next to the door. if anyone is willing to sell the cover or the light switch and cover as a set please let me know. Contact me at [email protected] or at 607-435-8041. Thanks!

Nealtw:

Nope!

And I mean that in the nicest way. Checked the link. They have nothing to offer. But, thanks for the info. I, too, have thought there must be some company that makes replacements for Honeywell tap-lites. Alas, I have not found one. I am reduced to estate sales, making friends with old people in my neighborhood, and looking on a local real estate website for houses for sale in original condition built in the 50s. There's ebay, but these rarely come up for sale, and when they do, well, I'm not going to pay $75 for a single light switch and cover, though I might change my tune when I am no longer a poor retro preservationist but an employed retro preservationist.

I could use some single covers if you still have them available...

Back