Sell Your Own Experiences

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

homebuiler

Reaction score
I am going to fix up a new house I bought then move out and sell this one I am in. Last time we sold our house the whole exp. with the realtor was not a good one. Kind of curious to here some exp selling your own.

I am curious what problems you had with your realtor?

I am a first time home owner and will be selling soon. I will be deciding whether to do FSBO or use a realtor. I would like to hear what went wrong for you.

I had a problem with closing on a house. My realtor was talking to the seller without my knowledge and a deal that was made between myself and the seller was changed by the realtor. I tried to talk to the realtor about this and he actually got red in the face. My lesson was always get everything in writing.

Some realtors are in the busines for the money alone. The majority really do care about their customers and work to help them. A lot of realtors do not know the mortgage side of selling the home and that is where a lot get into trouble.That is where we, (mortgage loan officers) come in and work with the realtors, Realtors know the little quirks that may pop up throuighout the sellng process. Most "sellers" do not know the total closing procedure, cost or criteria needed. I am a mortgage Loan Officer and I have come across this often. You can sell without real estate agents if you do your home work or>>>> have a good Mortgage Loan Officer>>>>ha ha ha

Me and my fiance have bought and sold 3 houses and they have all gone smoothly. She is a residential appraiser and home consultant. If you would like to send her an email she would be of great help her email is [email protected]

Go for it on the FSBO system... I have purchased and sold 3 homes this way and never had a problem. Once you have a willing Buyer and have the details worked out, simply ask for the advice of your local Loan Officer. They are very knowledgeable and helpful with the details. Just Ask For Their Advice!
bpierce is correct...Anyone can buy or sell without a Realtor ~ you simply ask for needed information and you will learn how to do it.

Using a realtor is a good option if you do not have the time, patience, tools, and ability to market the home yourself. In this market, it's all about exposure and getting the most people to view your home in order to find your buyer. That is really all a realtor is for, in my opinion.....Someone to market your home. I decided to use one recently in selling a property I rehabbed, and wasn't too happy with the experience. I hired her to free up my time to do other things, and found that I had to constantly push her to do anything more than list it on the MLS, and do not feel that she did enough to earn what she made on the deal. I am not so sure I would use one agian. You can sell youself if you keep these things in mind. Finding a real estate agent that truely has your best interest, vs their own, at heart is very difficult, since many are experincing a dramatic decline in income due to market conditions. I would be very careful when screening realtors to find one you can trust if you go that route. There are many tools available these days to sell it yourself.
Good Luck

Latest posts

Back