Help need with driveway

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JeremyB

Reaction score
Hi Guys

Today we had a HUGE thunderstorm, in fact one of the worst as far as rain and wind I have ever seen. Well I was in the basement when I heard a drip of water along the side of my workshop wall and noticed that the was a small amount of water coming in. I waited for the rain to stop and went out and had a look along the side of my house and noticed there is a small gap in between the driveway and the house exactly where the water was coming in the house. Is there a product that anybody can recommend to fill the gap? the gap runs about 3 feet.

I have never had this problem before, like I was saying I haven't seen rain and wind like this before, couldn't even see the house across the street the rain was so heavy and lasted for close to a hour too

Thanks for any help guys

Jeremy

Although it's a fair guess that the water may be coming in through that crack, remember that water can travel in any direction once it is in the ground. There is no real way of knowing. Did you notice any standing puddles alongside the house?

Even if the crack was allowing water down near the wall, there would have to be a fault in the wall to allow the water in.

How wide was the crack?
What kind of driveway?

You're going to need a sealant but I don't know what kind without this info.
Here's a link to some more info about sealers. The Sealer Site.com

Last edited:
You can buy cold patch asplat at home depot or lowes.

You could also use a caulk like black jack found in the roofing section.

I am asuming your driveway is asphalt.

Good Luck

Brian

hopefully that water was dripping from the 3rsd or 4th course down :D so its an easy fix,,, dig down to the crack/drip's location & coat the wall w/trowelable roofing cement,,, cold patch/caulk would just be a pita when neither work & you have to do it over again :confused:

even if the d/w's blacktop or conc, the bsmt wall's still block,,, we doing 2 of those jobs today

Back