Paint color suggestions for a black and white kitchen?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spangles

Reaction score
Im remodeling my kitchen and don't have the budget fir a tiled backslash right now. I have white cabinets, black countertops and silver handles. I have three walls of cabinets in a u shape and one blank wall. Any suggestions on paint explore would be much appreciated. Thank you

It is all about good taste. Here is a process you might try . . . go to HD or whatever. Get a black tile and hold it up to a white background. Try various paint color chips until you find one that makes sense to you. Obviously, you don't want something garish (red) but you might try a deep plum (yes). Get a color wheel from the paint experts and try the process of contrasting but complimentary color choice.

You CAN do it.

I think a teal color would be great. It's very versatile and can go with a lot of other colors.

Do you have a computer? Take a picture of one wall in the kitchen, where you can see the wall, cabinets, and counter top, and download that onto your computer. Go to Sherwin-Williams and you can paste your photo into this paint selector they have. You can then outline the wall (minus the cabinets and counter top) and try different colors until you find what you like. My wife did this with the exterior of our (semi-Victorian) house and found 4 colors that work together for this. It works great - you can find the color you want BEFORE you spend any money. :)

Red will go best for black and white but for a change, dark shades of green and blue will do good as well.

go for some lively color, so your kitchen won't look dull

Back