Curb Appeal

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brouhaha

Reaction score
Hi. :) I've recently decided to begin remodeling my house and have encountered a pretty big problem: My house was built with a patio door in the front. Now, I think that I should make it look like a window as mush as I can. (By possibly replacing it with a window altogether). However, my husband feels we should get another patio door that doesn't slide but opens just like a common door and has the built in shades in the window pane.

What do you guys suggest I do?
If you have any ideas, feel free to share! I'm open to lots of ideas with this.

I assume you are refering to a sliding glass door.

How about a set of french doors?
Or center a single door in the opening and frame in decorative side windows.

I assume you are refering to a sliding glass door.

How about a set of french doors?
Or center a single door in the opening and frame in decorative side windows.
This is what I would do. Can you post a picture of the front of the house?

thanks for the suggestions!! :)

I have considered getting french doors actually, but I have a french bay window already and I'm afraid it may be french-overkill. Haha

And the only problem with your second suggestion is that I already have a front door and installing a second one would probably confuse the mail man. :D haha

since I don't have an actual picture of my house, I figured a paint version would be the next best option. I'm not the best artist, so bear with me. Hahah

housedm7.png

the door I'm referring to is the one on the left hand side of the house.

I would defiantly go with French doors or a sliding door but they do not necessarily have to have the individual panes look either so it would not match the window but if it did this is how it would look.
Now looking at your paint picture just a normal set of french doors with full unobstructed glass and built in blinds would have a very nice look to it to. They also make french doors where one of the doors is actually a part opening window and the other one is a door but the whole unit looks like double doors. You might want to think about changing the front door to compliment the new unit you decide to put in. Just a thought.

housedm7.jpg

Back