Blair from Tennessee

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blair1955

Reaction score
I’m having a contractor here in Tennessee do some major improvements to my home. First is an addition on the back of the house 22X16 feet. All new vinyl windows DH (new construction, not replacement). Vinyl siding, new steel exterior doors, new storm doors and a new patio door. Inside I’m having the bath redone, ceramic tile floor, repair or replace tub, new toilet and new vanity and sink. The house only has one bath. In the kitchen, Nafco floor tiles and new countertops. Through out the rest of the house it will be painted some drywall work and new carpeting. I’m also having the electrical service upgraded from 100 amp to 200 amp and will have breakers replace fuses. I’m also having the electrical service run underground. I just came across this forum. I wish that I had found it sooner as the contractor will start on the 18th or 19th of April.

BTW the house was built in the early 50’s by my parents and I now own the home that I grew up in!

Blair

Welcome to the Forum Blair:
We are glad to have you and there are lots of professional opinions and advice here for you.
Glenn

Yes it’s cool to move back into the home that I grew up in. I moved away to the Midwest for 30 years. While I lived there I lost both parents. The house was left to me after my mothers passing. Finally last year I was able to move back to Tennessee. I’m not at all handy around the house so I need allot of advice as I go along. The contractor is doing most of the work and I trust them but I don’t always know which is the best way to go sometimes.

Thanks again Blair……..
:D

Back