Exposed Aggregate Different Color

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

susan47803

Reaction score
I have an existing exposed aggregate patio that is a year old. I recently had an additional exposed aggregate patio poured adjacent to the existing patio. I was told by the contractor that the colors would be close but not an exact match. When they did not match at all, I was told to wait a few weeks as the colors could change. Well, they still do not match-and the contractor basically said there is nothing he can do. Can I paint or stain the older aggregate and still be able to see the aggregate stones? Help.

Sounds like it's the agg that is not matching ??? Correct? If it is the concrete that is off , you may try tinting the sealer and or acid staining the whole slab , just to take away the "big" diff in colour. Only other alternative is to grind the whole thing,and resurface ..... no easy fix .

we never had any luck w/aggregate taking ANY color even w/877 sher-wms tints & solvent-bas'd sealer ( eliteCrete's ' CSS ' ),,, IF it were mine, i'd consider adding a band of distinction between the slabs however i can't see your house from my house

Back