stucco or mortar?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sisyphus

Reaction score
Hi, I just built an annex to my garage and it's sitting on pressure treated wood. I would like to cover this up. I know that I have to attach chicken wire to the wood for whatever I'm going to use. But I'm not sure of the material. Do I use stucco or mortar, and what's the difference between the materials. I know mortar is used for brick work. thanks

Not sure how there could be exposted pressure treated wood. Need a picture.

Not sure how there could be exposted pressure treated wood. Need a picture.

I'm unable to post pictures, I'm having some sort of problem on this computer. however the annex is a storage shed which is a 6x4 structure that is sitting on 4x4 treated lumber, resting on an existing paver patio that was installed a few years back. the 4x4's are the same height as the original garage foundation wall. hence I want to cover up the 4x4's so that it somewhat matches the garage's foundation. thanks

Why not just stain them to match.
the original foundation is concrete which by the way whoever poured it didn't bother to get all the air spaces out of it. so the concrete isn't completely smooth. can I use stucco to smooth it out? thanks again

Back