Latest project

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmc0319

Reaction score
Hi all,

I just thought I would share with you my latest little project. We needed a small table for a few plants etc for our sunroom. I used oak and finished it with Danish oil. I am in the process of making a second larger table. ImageUploadedByHome Repair1393335946.703604.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Home Repair

Nice job. How did you secure the legs to the horizontal pieces? Could you please post up a few more pics showing this?

I will post more pics later. The horizontal pieces are secured with pocket screws and just a dab of glue. The table top pieces I used a nail gun and dab of glue and used the oak saw dust and glue to make my own wood filler for the nail holes.

I could use a few of those tables and since I recently purchased the Kreg pocket screw jig, this is right up my alley. Thank you!

I used kreg as well. Will send pics later.

Her are a few more pics. The last one is the branding iron I got from Woodcraft. This way 30 years from now the kids won't forget who made these items. ImageUploadedByHome Repair1393341665.855412.jpgImageUploadedByHome Repair1393341706.677466.jpgImageUploadedByHome Repair1393341738.513993.jpg

Last question for ya. Are the legs tapered? If so, did you use a jig on your table saw?

Wazzat- check out kreg pocket hole jig. Excellent product.
Havasu - yes they are tapered. I used the rockler taper jig.

The taper jig was only $23. Not too bad.

Go for it Chris. The right tools make it all exponentially easier.

My wife decided that she liked the table and wanted a companion table that was about twice the length. I added a horizontal cross bar to give it mor strength and additional detail. ImageUploadedByHome Repair1394753780.328232.jpg

Thanks Neal

I take orders everyday......just not for tables.....:)

Sent from my iPad using Home Repair

Back