Garage Floor Finish

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pshea814

Reaction score
I just closed on my first home and very excited to begin my first project.
I am partially converting my garage to a "man cave." I am keeping the garage door, finishing the walls, and floor, installing a bar, 2 40" Tvs's, Pool table, dart board and a electric fireplace. Also will have a secondary screen garage door that is one way viewing for privacy but in Spring and Summer can get a nice breeze.

BUT I am trying to figure out how to do my garage floor. The flooring I want to use needs to be commercial grade, because this will also be a future rental property and I want the garage to be useable if needed. But i want the floor to be nice looking.

I am considering Valspar Semi Transparent Concrete Stain, but from the websites reviews they arent that good.

I was considering using Perfection Floor Interlocking Tiles But it is around $2000 vs $500 for the Valspar.

I wanted to do a marble look. Anyone have any suggestions on products or ways I can do this? I am trying to finish this project for Superbowl! Should only take me about a day to do everything else. I am pretty handy so ready to do anything.

I'm not keen on normal paints in the garage, but have used the epoxy, which is referred to by Old Dawg above. That stuff is very durable but would still recommend the clear top coat, which is also recommended by the same manufacturer.

Look at the products available from Sherman-Williams, Porter Paints. They have a commercial grade of the Rustoleum floor coatings not available from the big box stores.

I want to use a epoxy i should of edited my post.
I want to do a marble look on the floor but I am not sure which products i need for it. Google is not cooperating with me every time i google it it takes me to company websites or youtube videos.

I just closed on my first home and very excited to begin my first project.
I am partially converting my garage to a "man cave." I am keeping the garage door, finishing the walls, and floor, installing a bar, 2 40" Tvs's, Pool table, dart board and a electric fireplace. Also will have a secondary screen garage door that is one way viewing for privacy but in Spring and Summer can get a nice breeze.

BUT I am trying to figure out how to do my garage floor. The flooring I want to use needs to be commercial grade, because this will also be a future rental property and I want the garage to be useable if needed. But i want the floor to be nice looking.

I am considering Valspar Semi Transparent Concrete Stain, but from the websites reviews they arent that good.

I was considering using Perfection Floor Interlocking Tiles But it is around $2000 vs $500 for the Valspar.

I wanted to do a marble look. Anyone have any suggestions on products or ways I can do this? I am trying to finish this project for Superbowl! Should only take me about a day to do everything else. I am pretty handy so ready to do anything.

Those suppliers recommended also have a number of very specific products for your purpose. They also have a number of semi-transparent stains.

To attain the marbling effect look into the method called ragging.

Something I insist in the way of prep, is bead-blasting, because I do not care how clean you promise me, the floor is.

Those suppliers recommended also have a number of very specific products for your purpose. They also have a number of semi-transparent stains.

To attain the marbling effect look into the method called ragging.

Something I insist in the way of prep, is bead-blasting, because I do not care how clean you promise me, the floor is.

I am going to power wash it, use oil/stain remover. Then I am Diamond Grinding the surface. It will be clean haha.

I am going to power wash it, use oil/stain remover. Then I am Diamond Grinding the surface. It will be clean haha.

You are welcome to all three of those processes.

I work at HUGHEs, RAYTHEON, TRW and the U.S. ARMY facilities, and beadblasting is a one step that circumvents the three step process.

I have been looking into Shot Blasting and I believe it is the way I am going to go. It is just so much easier of a process than cleaning, grinding, and getting all the dust up. Worth the extra money in rental

I have been looking into Shot Blasting and I believe it is the way I am going to go. It is just so much easier of a process than cleaning, grinding, and getting all the dust up. Worth the extra money in rental

There is also "some" selection of finish textures depending upon the aggregate used.

Back