Concrete Crack Caulk

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BRIANL00

Reaction score
What caulk would you recommend for cracks in a concrete garage floor that are up to 1/2" wide(Please see attached photos of crack)? I would like a caulk that is plyable, so that it will move if the crack shifts. The house is over 20 years old and to my knowledge the crack has not changed for several years. Thank you.

Garage Crack 001.jpg

Garage Crack 002.jpg

Sikaflex is good, but I would hesitate for a crack that size. If it hasn't moved in years, you could clean it out real well and use a cement product to fill it.

I agree with slownsteady. Chisel it out a little to an inverted V so that the inside of the crack is wider than the surface. Vacuum it out. I have had great success at my own home and at my rental properties using Vinyl Concrete patch that is available at HomeDepot. It comes in a yellow 10 pound bucket or a yellow 25 pound bag. Mix it with water and trowel it into the crack and smooth it level with the surrounding concrete.

its probably done but, in case not,,,,,,,,,,,,, how do you know it hasn't moved ? temperature affects solids as much as liquids - w/o monitoring the crk's width, knowing is difficult,,, therefore recommend nothing cementitious but, rather, use either the posted OR 100% silicone sealant,,, chase out the crk, install closed cell backer rod at the appropriate depth, & seal w/recommended sealant thickness but nothing exceeding 3/8",,, crk width isn't as important as sealant depth

those guys shouldda known better too !

Latest posts

Back