New Steel Entry Door - Holes Drilled on Top Edge

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

resurrexion12

Reaction score
Hi:

My wife and I had a new pre-finished steel entry door installed back in February. Just the other day, I noticed holes were drilled on the top edge of the door. I immediately suspected that the door sweep was put on the wrong end of the door, and taken off and placed on the desired end.

So I called the company that we bought the door from and they sent out one of their installers to look at it. He thought the same thing and called his office to speak with his manager. Lo and behold after he got off the phone with his manager, he said that the holes were from eye hooks that were drilled into the door to hang during the painting process at the factory.

I call this a bunch of B.S. Am I wrong?

I am complaining about this due to the fact that plain unpainted steel is exposed from these holes and the door will start to rust from the inside out. Before the installer left, he just caulked the holes shut.

Just pissed off from the whole situation, and I am not getting any satisfactory answers from these bozos that we bought the door from.

holes.JPG

holes2.JPG

My first thought was that they may be holes so that insulation could be squirted in, but you should be checking with the manufacturer, as Snooby suggested.

Back