Definitely Not in the Owner's Manual

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slownsteady

Reaction score
After you dig that trench, you could try this....

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBMUvAUPTGM&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

The dialogue is all in german, but you won't need the explanation.

They spoke too fast for me, and it was technical.

But, my frau translated this. The name of the show is "I bet you that!"
It seems she knew about this German show and said that this show once had a person get paralyzed from one of their stunts.

This took place in Vienna.

And now Liebherr can brag about their machines.

Can you imagine the German insurance underwriters watching this while biting their nails? :hide:

If I did this I'd have airbags all over the inside of the cab of that machine. Maybe there were.

From that height (15 meters, I think he said) probably only half the people would survive a fall and the other half wished they didn't.

Last edited:
yeah, not even a helmet on the operator. Probably would not make a difference if it was needed.

I'm actually more amazed at the strength and construction of the tower. It doesn't look "up to the task".

Last edited:
Looking at the video again I see why they didn't sink the tower into the ground or use guy wires.
They have four struts that prevent the tower from tipping unless the machine has such a long arm that it goes outside the strut length while climbing.

Which it doesn't and can't.

The torque on that tower trying to bend it or tip it is probably measured in ton-ft.:hide:

Looking at the video again I see why they didn't sink the tower into the ground or use guy wires.
They have four struts that prevent the tower from tipping unless the machine has such a long arm that it goes outside the strut length while climbing.

Which it doesn't and can't.

The torque on that tower trying to bend it or tip it is probably measured in ton-ft.:hide:

Have you ever looked at the tower on a tower crane.

Latest posts

Back