Mystery Plant

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slownsteady

Reaction score
This plant is growing in a large unused pot in our driveway. We have no idea what it is, but the flowers only seem to open for a hour or so before disappearing:

Any ideas?

imag0492.jpg

imag0488.jpg

imag0491.jpg

You can google a photo. It would be interesting to crop out the flower and google it to see what you get as results. I would try it but its some messing around on an iPhone. I once googled a photo of my face and it came back with people that looked like me and one was me. It was a holy crap moment. The Internet scares me sometimes.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Repair

I did try google from my desktop computer, but I didn't isolate a leaf. The results that it returned were useless. It returned 16 pictures of various kinds, and when I clicked on any of them it brought me to the same endless photo search. They just throw the sh*t at you and you might as well just get walk around and look at gardens yourself.

Maybe I'd get better results if I isolated a leaf or flower.

I should have known what it was, I have a hibiscus that dies right off and dosn't start growing until the middle of June. It grows 7 ft by Sept. and has hugh red flowers for two days and then it's gone for the winter.

That's what I get for trying to be fancy and and google a picture. A simple word description does the trick. Nice pickup on tuning in on the short flower life, neal.

How about this one?
flowerpower.jpg

When an artist is teaching students to draw pansies, do not lean over and say," all the yosemite sams should be the right way up" oops

220px-Pansy-00.jpg

Back