Anyone know what these types of hinges are called?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tootsmcgee

Reaction score
Hi, I was hoping to ask for some help regarding door hinges. I'm planning on trying to soundproof my door a bit, which would add on some weight, so I'm thinking of putting on another hinge or two. The problem is that I don't know what kind of hinge to look for! The left side of the hinge attaches to the jamb in between the door and the jamb but the right side attaches flush on the face of the door. Does anyone know what this type of hinge is called? Thanks a bunch for any help.

017.jpg

ImageUploadedByHome Repair1408277537.678057.jpgImageUploadedByHome Repair1408277555.735589.jpg

These two pics should help. Little hard to provide links from iPhone this morning. The link to the restoration company should be at bottom of the one pic.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Repair

Thanks so much for your help! Very sorry to make you go through the trouble of finding the exact hinge, I was trying to ask what that type of hinge is called where half is on the jamb and half is on the door. From the description it looks to be 'half mortise'. Thanks so much again.

Thanks so much for your help! Very sorry to make you go through the trouble of finding the exact hinge, I was trying to ask what that type of hinge is called where half is on the jamb and half is on the door. From the description it looks to be 'half mortise'. Thanks so much again.

No problem. I wanted to know myself. I really like the look. Finding a match is the icing on the cake.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Repair

Back