Need advise on an outdoor grill

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnsonb123

Reaction score
I would like to build an outdoor grill with room for a small fridge since I already have electricity and a sink since I already have a water pipe where there used to be a wet bar. Where do I start. Please help.

You can also just google it to and spend some time just looking through those pages to give you some idea's on what you want, then get out the graph paper and start laying out what you want. This is a very fun project and I know you are going to enjoy this alot. Remeber we are always here to help you along. The Magizine idea is a very good one since they quite often have plans which makes it a little easier buy myself I like doing everthing myself from planning to building. Its like house oplans, you never can seem to find Just The Right One.

i've been watching a lot of hgtv and the big outdoor kitchen and outdoor space shows seem really popular now. i've gotten a lot of ideas from them that i scale way down ('cause i'm poor). just watch some and pick out doable ideas.

for me i have a spot on my deck that works well as a place for it. i'm just going with a small charcoal grill and a couple of discarded tables from work as counters (side note. just by chance i came up with two metal tables that flank my grill which is sitting in a corner. you can hardly get to it and put a hand on it accidentally. something to think about if you have kids). a third table sits just outside of the wall my washer and dryer is on inside the house so if i want a little bar sink or something i think i can tap off the washer spigots and come strait through the wall and put the sink there.

being the part of the deck closest to the house there are outside outlets too so plugging in a small fridge or icemaker or something will work in that spot too. i keep wondering if any little fridge will do or if i need something made to be outside.

the only bad thing about the space is it gets no shade all day so i'm even thinking of trying to make a gazebo or pergola over the space to make being the cook more comfortable.

really just pull out the tape measurer and/or a chair and sit and study the space and dream up ideas you think you can pull off.

Back