ladder height

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

branimal

Reaction score
i need to buy a ladder for my apartment but storage is an issue. does anyone know the height of an 8 foot ladder when its folded up? thanks.

i need to buy a ladder for my apartment but storage is an issue. does anyone know the height of an 8 foot ladder when its folded up? thanks.

A little less than 8'. But if you have 8' ceilings you probably would be better of with a 6'.

Oh, yeah, welcome to House Repair Talk!

It’s funny this was posted a co worker asked me this morning who makes a 7 foot ladder. With 8 foot ceilings an 8 is too tall to move around and store but if you use it some outside a 7 would be better than a 6 and inside if you have a room with a vaulted ceiling to 10 foot as lots of homes do now a 6 is a little short.

My nephew has a lil giant actually he has two of them different sizes and I would love to have one. The infomercial is pretty good in explaining all the versatility of them. I actually told the guy today asking about a 7 footer to look at them. I could have used one last week painting a stairway. The only reason I don’t have one is I have stepladders and extension ladders and they cover all I care to get to.

I just bought a cosco step ladder at Kmart and have been using it for about 4 months I would recommend that one. They are sold all over I got the 6 footer and it lets you get closer to a wall facing straight in than my others. The drawback is the fold out shelve is more under the top and makes holding a can of paint worse. For everything else it works great. They also have a lil giant like ladder that looked pretty good.

We use the three way ladder. Made by a few companies and not all are equall. But a seven foot ladder can extend to eleven ft straight up or off set for working on stairs and such. I've seen them from five ft to 10 ft.

Back