Kenmore elite ultra wash not starting

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eisenfaust8

Reaction score
Last night while I was gone the dishwasher apparently started making "bad noises" and then stopped. The bottom of the dishwasher had standing water and when I tried to start the wash cycle again there is a clicking noises and the "sensing" and "washing" lights will flash on and then off with the clicking noise. It will not even attempt to fill from the supply line.

I ended up taking apart the bottom of the washer and cleaning everything around the grinder etc, but it has not solved the non responsive controls.

I'll add that over the past few months the dishwasher has smelled like it runs hot, and last night when it was acting up there was a strong smell of hot plastic.

Do you think the motor is toast? It's 13 years old model # 665.16464300. I haven't been able to find much online that describes the same light/clicking issue from the controls. Flipped the breaker which didn't do anything.

It has had a good life. If it was me I would look for a replacement.

Some pros should be along to give you an idea of what to check.

Our Kenmore dishwasher went out last year but not exactly the same symptoms. After research it appeared the main control board must have fried. I attempted to get at it in the door but it all fell apart. I am good at fixing things but I gave up on this one as it was 18 years old. Ended up getting a used one from Craigslist.

Latest posts

Back