possible foundation issues

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adagaue37

Reaction score
Well here we go, I am renting a house and have been for over 2 years now. I am considering buying the house but the offer I make will be minus the repairs that the house needs. The front guttering downspout is broken and all the water runs out of the spout and down along the brick veneerand in between the foundation and the walkway to the front door. The driveway is lifted at the garage doors so it is not flush with the floor of the garage in the middle. Any ideas and suggestions would be appreciated.

Get a home inspection first. Then find out what options you have.
Sounds like some issues which may be serios are looming, or just a couple thousand to put into repairs. Think of it also as someone will have to fix it to buy it anyway.For you it is easier for you to stay where you are than move, that also saves you some money.
Try www.ashi.com for an inspector. Good luck.:)

THank you Inspector I am checking into home inspectors and will hopefully be able to get some answers shortly.. Thank you again

I am of the opinion you should know what it is you are buying. While a home inspection is a good method of finding out what the issues are with a home, do your homework on what the inspector recommends . And always ask us questions about the final report which you may have a question on, we are a very resourceful group of folks...who are here to help.
No one person knows it all...but together we know much.

Someone has that as their signature around here...hmmmm....:)

Back