Replacing bath/light/fan need wiring help

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bggb29

Reaction score
Hi

Swapping out a fixture. There are 2 switches and 4 wires coming of the switches 1- black 1-white 1-copper ground and 1-red.

The new fixture has light,night light, and fan with humidity sensor. I do not care about the night light, or if it powers of the main light switch. In the end I want the light or lights on 1 switch with the fan on the second switch.

Customer support from broan said leave off the blue wire to skip the night light. The wire for the fixture are
Green-- I believe is ground
Bundles of wire
1.white, orange and brown ( control fan humidy etc.)
2. white, and blue ( night light)
3. white and red ( primary light)

I believe the house wires should go like this copper to green on fixture.
White house wire should tie all whiites together
My confusion is where to tie the black and red house wires to the fixture.

should one say black go to the orange and brown for the fan,
then the red go to the red for the light and if i want the night light to also work at the same time tie the red to the blue and red.

BTW the fan is a broan qtxX110sl

Thanks

All the whites should be common (tied together). Green to bare copper ground. Then The red or black as you desire to the lights and the other to the fan as you indicated (should one say black go to the orange and brown for the fan,
then the red go to the red for the light and if i want the night light to also work at the same time tie the red to the blue and red.) That should do it. Be careful with electricity.

Latest posts

Back