Insulating a shed

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The short answer is...I don't know. The long answer is....I don't know but, if it was me, I would get a 1500 watt IR heater and start with that. If it gets too cold you can try other options.

Sounds good! One last question though should i worry about sawdust getting into the system and causing a fire hazard? They sell another model that costs 170$ and has the same specs but it has a filter on it. Is that worth the extra cost?

Well, we can only hope you're not going to let enough sawdust to accumulate to be a fire hazard. My old heater with the exposed metal coil just burns off any light dust that falls on it, but then I don't keep it near my saw. Like i said earlier, I like the radiator-style ones.

I know I'm a late comer to this party but I used foil backed plastic sheeting (feels like bubble wrap and very pliable) on the underside of the roof, and it really worked great for insulation.

I know I'm a late comer to this party but I used foil backed plastic sheeting (feels like bubble wrap and very pliable) on the underside of the roof, and it really worked great for insulation.

That stuff is surprisingly expensive and fiberglass insulation is a lot cheaper. Also I dont think that stuff would have enough r value to it for a roof. I'm thinking of just using the r13 for the roof.

Back