old storm windows

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sumsmum

Reaction score
Hi! I am fixing up a home BEFORE I buy it. I need to get it up to par for inspection. I am wondering if anyone knows a good source for CHEAP old storms. I think the house originally had the hanging one piece windows, and those would be fine. There are also aluminum frames for storms and screens, and many of them are missing. These are LARGE windows (33X64 and39X70). I am not in a position to put out for replacement windows. and I love the old wood.... Help!

you can make these yourself using brake aluminum....measure the width and height you need to cover the existing outside casing, then make a frame over the size and install a peice of glass using holders.....you can view 'how to make alumnum windows" in DIY.

Fixing up before you buy? What guarantee do you have that your not actually fixing it up for the current owner?
In my area, they have a shop called "Restore" this is ran by Habitat for Humanity in which you can purchase previously used items at a discount and the proceeds benefit the cause.

Latest posts

Back