Cedar Chips

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Admin

Reaction score
Has anyone heard of putting cedar chips in their yard to cut back on fleas? If so, how did your mower handle it?

It's the oil that is the active ingredient. Sawdust raked into the lawn wouldn't bother the mower but not good if dogs eat it. And cedar does bother some peoples breathing.

I'll try some dust. No one has cedar issues in my family, but we do have bug issues!

Sure wish you'd find a reliable, economic mosquito control measure that works, cause they'll be out in force here real soon.

We have lots of shingle mills and people that work in them. I've never herd that it kept fleas away.

Sure wish you'd find a reliable, economic mosquito control measure that works, cause they'll be out in force here real soon.

I'm trying. I've used most everything and nothing works aside from DEET heavy products which I try not to use.

I'm going to start a thread that charts products and whether they worked.

We have lots of shingle mills and people that work in them. I've never herd that it kept fleas away.

Really? Down here it's common knowledge. Perhaps we're wrong?

It might be common knowledge here too, just not anything I have herd. Perhaps fleas just aren't that big of a problem here.

nealtw said:
It might be common knowledge here too, just not anything I have herd. Perhaps fleas just aren't that big of a problem here.

Well, just maybe the cedar chips are working then...;)

They may not be. I've been told they don't do well in colder climates.

They may not be. I've been told they don't do well in colder climates.
We do get hot weather too, the fleas just stay dorment in the colder weather.
Your picture of paradise is getting a little tattered around the edges!:eek:

It has it flaws. All in all though I'm quite happy.

Cedar works well for cat and dog fleas . So does cittroin ella if you burn them candels in the grass it seems to keep the fleas away

Sent from my ST21i using Home Repair mobile app

Back