I will reaaaally appreciate ANY advise - Exterio problem

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chalsant

Baaad Ideator.
Reaction score
Hello,

Please pardon me but I acknowledge my complete and total ignorance in knowing anything about design or what to do with my house exterior.
This is the story. I bought this house 3 years ago and since then I have contracted a few jobs to improve its appearance but it still drives me crazy how it looks and Im not rich to make a major renovation.
the house has a flat roof and the front of it is slopped. I want to make it look better but dont have a clue on what else to do. :confused:

Here is a picture.

IS1suqtcof4bs0z.jpg

Please any idea is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!

A dramatic way to change your place's appearance would be to convert to a different style roof. However, doing so may cost more than you're willing to spend. Also, a few things visible in the photo will result in additional costs--there are 3 overhead power lines visible, and they may be a reason for a low-slope roof being used in the first place (lack of adequate clearance). Power company may want a small fortune to relocate them, on taller poles. The other thing is the chimney--it will also have to be extended upward.

Maybe you should just be happy with what you have--place looks pretty nice to me.

Are those old style single paned windows? If so replace them all with replacement windows with grids in them. 6 over 6 grids would look better.
I'm not a big fan of that wide siding. I'd replace it with double 5 beaded or dutch lap.
I'd add a roof or a pergala over that middle section.

Different siding and new windows would help. Hip roof would change the looks very much, if you want to spend that much. I don't see a problem with wires, looks like the top wire is triplex and the other 2 look like telephone and cable tv all attached to house below the current roof line.

Thank you sooo much for your replies. I really appreciate it.

Regarding this house , I really dont want to spend the kind of money that is needed to modify the roof. I think that's the only thing I will HAVE to live with. Changing the siding is one of the options we have in mind but that is down the line.
This is how the house looked when I bough it.

2801420_01.jpg

So I have spend quite some money updating it. I dont know there is something that irks me but we cant find it.
Thanks Joecaption for the pergola suggestion. I was thinking on adding one but over the lower window on the left to add something to that space in the front where the big flower pot is to make the space a little usable because right now its just sitting empty.

Again Thanks for all your suggestions. If you have more please keep them coming.

Back