tiled entry

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

analogmusicman

Reaction score
as you can see from the pic,this is a carpeted room with a door to the outside. the carpet under the door when it opens is a problem since the door barely makes it over the carpet and anyway,it's a bad idea to be stepping right onto carpet from the outside. the solution is to cut out a square of carpet from in front of the door and lay down tile. my question is: how do I make the carpet and the tile meet in an attractive and sturdy way.(this is a rental unit)
BTW: this is a concrete floor.

tnx,

door.jpg

You can use trac metal with a rubber insert.

I've been looking around and I see some applications of different transitions that use a special adhesive to hold down "tack strip". does that stuff work ok?

the tile has been laid down and now I've got to get the carpet to meet the tile. Question: does it look like "power stretching" of the carpet might close the gap between the tile and carpet? it is a gap of 1/2" to 3/4"

tnx,

tille1.jpg

tille2.jpg

As a note to others who read this thread. Always just lay the carpet back when you do the tile. Then you don't have to worry about it being too short.

Back