Bath tub installation

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fair point. We still needed to demo before knowing for sure. This puts the blame squarely on the contractor.

A second inspection has been performed, but not by the building inspector. It's been performed by the civil engineer. I haven't talked to the civil engineer yet about exactly what he's been inspecting, but I don't expect much from him.

Will update.

I don't know if I should remain concerned about the tub. As mentioned here ( http://www.houserepairtalk.com/f45/final-thoughts-renovation-14289/ ), there was a draft when, after the installation, the grout around the tub edge cracked - joecaption was right to note insulation/drywall was missing. I think some mortar was put under the tub since, after complaints to the contractor thanks to my wife's persistence.

For the cut that he made to the edge of the tub, we had the contractor sign a separate warranty for I think 5 years.

A warrenty is only as good as the person behind it, he may or may not even be in business for long.

I had the warranty drawn out in his name, given that he'd been changing company names.

Multiple company names and more than a few contractor's license numbers are usually a good indication that you are dealing with a crook. He continues to cheat people, perform shoddy work, and collect his $$$ all while tiptoeing around the rules of the state or local licensing agency.

Back