Removing old Faucet. Help!

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jcredworc

Reaction score
Hopefully someone can share some insight to assist me. I went to look at a faucet that I agreed to remove expecting to see what I have seen at my parents house and my house. I get under the sink with WD-40 expecting corroded threads etc but what are these thin U shaped brackets? Better yet how do I get them off. I had my basin wrench but that doesn't look like that's going to work. So before I got started on the project I figured I had better figured this part out first. Any suggestions?

IMAG0094.jpg

IMAG0101.jpg

That is a "newer" kind of connector. I believe if you nsert screwdriver in the loop you can pop it to the side. The white plastic connector will release, so you can mess up the rest of the sink. :p

Seriously, I believe that will solve your connector problem. Best of Luck for Mom and Dad.

Last edited:
Thanks, however I'm not sure on how to remove the metal pitch fork looking bracket that is closet to the stone. It almost appears as if its holding the faucet in place. It goes across the hole in the picture as the linkage comes down through the middle of it. That is the little metal bracket that I'm trying to figure out how to get off.

Like Villa says, I think that u-shaped bracket at the sink base will slide to the side and completly disengage from the faucet body.Good Luck

If you cannot remove the fork, there is on other (destructive) alternative I have used: Saw off the faucet from above using a sawzall and a fresh metal cutting blade, leaving about 1/2" of the faucet.

I had to do this on a frozen faucet set. By cutting the top off, I was able to turn the remainder of the nut on top by gripping it with vise grips.

Be warned: This is a last ditch tactic and not for the faint of heart. :D

Back