Adding a laundry room

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dowens01

Reaction score
Hi, new to the site, but have been reading tips for years. I am looking to add a laundry room to my house. The space where I am looking to add it is currently a "nook" in the back of the house. It is a space that is currently covered by the roof and bordered on three sides by exterior walls. I would like to build a wall to close in the three sides. However, I am in need of advice as to how best to install the footers. Also, to run water/electric to the space, is it advisable to go through the current footers and open the crawl space to that area? Would appreciate any/all advice. Thanks

So...there is dirt at ground level now?

You will need footings that go below the frost line and a qualified builder/contractor to make the installation. You haven't offered enough information to know what comes next. I assume this floor will be elevated over more crawl space?

A licensed plumber and electrician is also in order.

If your intention is to DIY this project then make a small drawing with relevant facts of size and elevations and take it to your local building inspection department. They can tell you what you can and can't do and they would be happy to sell you the required permit(s).:)

Latest posts

Back