Pattern dry wall repair

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

minduka

Reaction score
Hi

I would really appreciate any help to repair the following problems.

attachment.php

attachment.php

wall.jpg

edge.jpg

Remove any loose paper, prime that area, apply thinned sheetrock mud with a 6" with dry wall knife, roll over it while still wet with a 1/2 nap paint roller. Once dry prime that area and repaint.
This is going to be an ongoing problum. If it was mine I would just wet it down and remove all of it or go over the whole wall with 1/4 sheetrock, or better yet remove what you have there now and replace with new 1/2" rock to make it smooth.

You should consider using durabond to repair this. With durabond you reduce your risk of it bubbling and pealing anymore than what it already has.

You DO NOT have to cut out and replace the drywall ... it will take more work than necessary.

Lightly remove loose damage. Apply drywall compound with a 6" knife flush to the surface for Coat #1. Let dry overnight. Apply Coat #2 but add a very small amount of water to the pan (no more than two tablespoons) with the drywall compound. Mix very well then apply flat with a light hand. Dry overnight. Touch sand perfectly smooth.

Use HOMEX texture spray on a medium setting (get at HD) on a piece of cardboard until you get the proper texture and feel. Important to keep the can moving past the fix to overlap the texturing in all directions. Let dry several hours if not overnight.

Now the trick . . . Holding your knife perpendicular to the wall, drag the blade along the patch to remove excess texture. Do this until your patch matches the original.

Prime and paint.

Now that you know how, you can fix problems everywhere! Have fun. :)

Back