What do you think about this laser level?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, isn't this a little "overkill" for just hanging pictures and photos?

Sometimes, maybe almost always, you have to align things parallel to the nearest vertical or horizontal lines.

Diyfreeman:

I'd recommend that you buy just the 16" laser level without the tripod and other stuff. The price on electronic tools like this is going down and even a simple laser level is going to do all that you need.

I have this laser level kit:

73065cc_19.jpeg

It's cheap. I'm guessing $39.99. I didn't buy it, I won it as a prize in a "Nicest guy" contest.

And, after 10 years, I have yet to use the tripod. All I've ever used is the laser level itself. It's seldom that I use the laser, but when I do need it, nothing else works quite as well.

By all means, buy a laser level. But take it from experience that you really don't need to spend a lot of money. A $20 laser level is really all most people need, and the extra money you spend beyond that could be used for more important things... like a pair of real cool fuzzy dice to hang from the rear view mirror of your car... or maybe some plastic pink flamingos for your front yard... or a Sam Cook record album.

Last edited:
Thanks!!:)

I have already won the bidding on the SlopeView laser protractor.
And I am testing on it.
It seems great with rechargeable function and palm size only.:cool:

Good luck with it. I prefer the self leveling ones but the fact that one has a digital readout it makes it easy enough to make level.

@cork-guy Some of us always look for an excuse for a cool new tool, don't spoil his fun!

Latest posts

Back