30% corner on gutters?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdougn

Reaction score
I need to install guttering around a bay window roof line. The bay windows are at 30% to each other. How do I turn the corner with K5 Aluminum guttering? Or, other suggestions?
Thanks, Doug

Well I see 3 choices
1. look for a place that sells made up joints or joints that can bend a bit
2. have it fabricated by a tin shop.
3. do it yourself with snips, pop rivets, and Vulchem®
of course you could always just skip the area

I've made an odd corner before, I cut the angle for one side with my 12" mitersaw. Then I nailed two 3/4 x 3/4 strips on a work table board, at the angle I needed. I sat the cut piece on one side against the strip, then I fitted the other side to it with a duct seaming tool and a pair of snips.
The mitersaw, made a good finish cut and the other side of the miter was cut and bent to fit inside it.

It takes time...

You can do it.

Based on the replies, I'll probably consider #3. Would you put a rivet or screw in each tab or will the "caulk" hold most of it? This will be seen alot so it needs to look as clean as possible.
dn

Just use a few rivets, top front, top rear, lower rear, the caulking will hold the rest.

Thanks again for the help! I did the job Saturday morning and the customer was very happy. As you all suggested, I cut the angles with a miter saw, notched the inside part, assembled it all in place, then caulked it all real well. I used screws since I didn't want to spring for a rivet gun. The customer is going to paint it all to match the house & other gutters. Turned out great. Again, thanks for the advice!!
Doug :)

Fantastic!
Thanks for the update!
I love it when a person takes suggestion from here, adds their own touch, and makes something like this work.
Thank you Doug!
Glad it worked out.

Latest posts

Back