HELP!!! Why would anyone do this?!

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It would be wise to tear and check for the real one. You will be rest assured some peace.

still mo curious than a tabby cat, as to what was under there

I'm betting it was laminate and they just put a new layer of laminate over the old stuff.

I think you guys'll have to put together a road trip and go find out:

Vbaby20 is alarmed to hear a knock on the door at 9am on a Tuesday. Opens the door to see half a dozen stinking, grizzled men shifting nervously from one foot to the other.

"Can...can I help you?"

"Uh, yeah, we're the guys from the forum..."

"What forum?"

"House Repair Talk."

Vbaby20 squints for a minute. "Huh?"

"We're the guys from the House Repair Talk forum. Are you Vbaby20?"

"Oh, Jesus."

"You had a post about laminate over granite counter tops. We wanted to see what happened with that. What was underneath."

"That must have been years ago! Why would you show up to my house? And what is that smell?"

"We were dying to know. MCPO_Ret called up some hacker friends and helped figure out where you live. Then we all hopped in NealTW's Chevy. We took shifts driving, took us a couple weeks to go around and pick everyone up, then come here. We didn't stop to shower or brush our teeth or anything."

"Couldn't the hackers just get you my email...ugh, nevermind. Well you're definitely not coming in here. This is a decent Christian household and you smell and look like a bunch of savages!"

"Fair enough. So can you tell us from there, what happened with the counters?"

"You know what, if you all go back home I'll update my post and tell you."

"Don't forget to attach pictures."

"We'll see."

I think you guys'll have to put together a road trip and go find out:

Vbaby20 is alarmed to hear a knock on the door at 9am on a Tuesday. Opens the door to see half a dozen stinking, grizzled men shifting nervously from one foot to the other.

"Can...can I help you?"

"Uh, yeah, we're the guys from the forum..."

"What forum?"

"House Repair Talk."

Vbaby20 squints for a minute. "Huh?"

"We're the guys from the House Repair Talk forum. Are you Vbaby20?"

"Oh, Jesus."

"You had a post about laminate over granite counter tops. We wanted to see what happened with that. What was underneath."

"That must have been years ago! Why would you show up to my house? And what is that smell?"

"We were dying to know. MCPO_Ret called up some hacker friends and helped figure out where you live. Then we all hopped in NealTW's Chevy. We took shifts driving, took us a couple weeks to go around and pick everyone up, then come here. We didn't stop to shower or brush our teeth or anything."

"Couldn't the hackers just get you my email...ugh, nevermind. Well you're definitely not coming in here. This is a decent Christian household and you smell and look like a bunch of savages!"

"Fair enough. So can you tell us from there, what happened with the counters?"

"You know what, if you all go back home I'll update my post and tell you."

"Don't forget to attach pictures."

"We'll see."
I think you are psychic

Its Keiths Lear Jet, Angie just serves those little bags of stale peanuts...and you have to bring your own drinks....not a bad way to travel if you don't mind riding on old orange crates...

Its Keiths Lear Jet, Angie just serves those little bags of stale peanuts...and you have to bring your own drinks....not a bad way to travel if you don't mind riding on old orange crates...

Just as long as we dont have to wear those suits again... so hard to move in

Do you have photos to show how they installed their laminate or vinyl counter tops over granite? I'd pull it out if I were you. Your kitchen will look more attractive if you take off the extra counter top layer and just have granite or any other type of counter material.

Back