Damage in porch front siding - whom should I call!

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aamich

Reaction score
Hi,

I am new to this forum, and I live in Ann Arbor Michigan. I am looking for some help. There is some water damage to 3-4 wooden tiles on the front siding of my porch. It is not too bad but couple of tiles have become loose and color has faded in about 10-12 tiles.

Wondering if I need to replace the whole block/structure or if I can replace just the few damaged tiles or if I can just have someone paint it. More importantly, whom should I be calling - someone who can take a look and give me an estimate of what repair will be required (replacing structure or board or just paint) and how much will it cost.

Any inputs will be highly appreciated.

Thanks,
AJ

If you could post a pic of the area it would really help identify the problem...and :welcome: to House Repair Talk!

You will have to call around in your area and see who does this type of repair. Usually window & roofing companies do siding work also.

Thanks all for your help. Looking forward to being a part of this helping and learning community!

I am attaching couple of pics of the damage on my front porch siding. Any inputs would be very helpful. Thanks, AJ

Damage_1.jpg

Damage_2.jpg

No, I have not used a painting contractor yet. But should I get it painted, or should I get it replaced/fixed by roofing company.. any inputs would be appreciated..

It looks like a paint problem, but we won't know for sure until you get someone out to have a look. I think I would start with a painter, and have him inspect it for any needed repairs, if he can't fix it he will know someone that can.

Back