Bathroom Registers

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

larryslade

Reaction score
There is a barrier between my kitchen oil furnace register and the adjacent bathroom register. This is on the second floor of my house. No other registers in the house are blocked this way. Anybody know why they would put a barrier between these two rooms? My brother thinks it's to prevent someone in the kitchen from looking into the bathroom. I don't think that makes sense. The problem with this register setup is that the bathroom gets very little heat when the furnace kicks on. thanks

There is a barrier between my kitchen oil furnace register and the adjacent bathroom register. This is on the second floor of my house. No other registers in the house are blocked this way. Anybody know why they would put a barrier between these two rooms? My brother thinks it's to prevent someone in the kitchen from looking into the bathroom. I don't think that makes sense. The problem with this register setup is that the bathroom gets very little heat when the furnace kicks on. thanks

That is normal not to have see through reg going into bath and bed rm.
If you want to open it up, its your home. Paul

Latest posts

Back