Who's Got Snow?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BRRRRRRRRRRRRR, well, it's been a good few weeks for snow here in Cranberry junction, plenty of snow.
Right now we have 25 inches of snow on the ground with 1 inch of ice in between. Plenty of ice damming jobs to shovel off and another Noreaster in the making, right after a small 4-5 inch squall blows through...and oh yea, the temperature right now out at the bus stop was negative... - 16 degrees.
Thank the weather gods there is no wind....yet.

Time to move someplace warmer, NEVER!! I'm goin North.:D

BRRRRRRRRRRRRR, well, it's been a good few weeks for snow here in Cranberry junction, plenty of snow.
Right now we have 25 inches of snow on the ground with 1 inch of ice in between. Plenty of ice damming jobs to shovel off and another Noreaster in the making, right after a small 4-5 inch squall blows through...and oh yea, the temperature right now out at the bus stop was negative... - 16 degrees.
Thank the weather gods there is no wind....yet.

Time to move someplace warmer, NEVER!! I'm goin North.:D

Soooo....bet it's kinda hard to keep the hot tub up to temp. eh?

The tub doesn't care..just more on the electrical bill bothers me.:)

Oh, and who's goin out there anyway??

frozen-man-toilet.jpg

The mad dash to get to the tub in 3 feet of snow uphill, backwards and barefoot both ways...?:D

Did ya get any snow in San Marcus in the last week, TXBuilder? We did in San Antonio! Well, enough for the city to shut down for a snow day which doesn't take much. :)

We did, and we were shut down as well, but it was only for a few hours.

it was -10 this morning, even the dog didn't want to go out. looks like warmer weather this weekend....get the pumps ready!!:help:

it was -10 this morning, even the dog didn't want to go out. looks like warmer weather this weekend....get the pumps ready!!:help:

Let me know if you want me to send a couple bags of speedy dry I have left over from the flood last May. I only used them one time.

nashvilleflood.jpg

We got up to 45 today, lots of melting, still 2 feet of snow on the ground.And I tapped the trees, we have 50 gallons of sap in the last 2 days, boilin down on Saturday.:banana::banana:
And cookin lots o local bacon in the morning, when the guy's get here at 7am.

We went from 22" on the level ground to about 5" (official average), but have green showing along some streets and ice in the gutters on the other side.

Very little has run off, so the moisture is in the remaining snow, the piles and in the soil and there will be flooding. 220 miles NW of Minneapolis/St. Paul they are staring to fill the 3,000,000 bags of sand that will be a start of the protection. 20 miles east of here they are getting ready with signs for flood detours because there are so many commuters going across that river. - It will be interesting to see what happens as spring unfolds. I designed a power transmission tower that required 22' of concrete below the steel to get above the flood level, but the debris that got into the steel tower caused many problems, so there are no guarantees except that the Red River of the north will flood and be miles wide because it flows north into unthawed areas instead of south where it is already warm.

They are promising 6" more snow this week-end, but it will be gone in a few days, but it will be replaced with more later and moisture will still be stored.

Dick

We got up to 45 today, lots of melting, still 2 feet of snow on the ground.And I tapped the trees, we have 50 gallons of sap in the last 2 days, boilin down on Saturday.:banana::banana:
And cookin lots o local bacon in the morning, when the guy's get here at 7am.

You do have my address to send me some syrup, don't ya? I'd be more than happy to trade some Goo-Goo Clusters for some home grown maple stuff:banana:

so there are no guarantees except that the Red River of the north will flood and be miles wide because it flows north into unthawed areas instead of south where it is already warm.

They are promising 6" more snow this week-end, but it will be gone in a few days, but it will be replaced with more later and moisture will still be stored.

Dick

You really don't need to send it south, thanks anyway.

Hey... is that profile pic of your new Bugatti ?

Back