GE Dryer (model DBXR463ED2WW) does not cycle to lower temp

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Back40

Reaction score
My GE dryer (model DBXR463ED2WW) drys at a high temp even when the temp selector is set to a low temp. Is this a thermostat prob? I have searched and found a high limit thermo and cycling thermo. Do I need to replace both of just one or is this prob from something all together different? Thanks in advance for your feedback!:)

Last edited:
Hi,

is not switching to a lower temp in the cycle.

What makes you believe that? What where the temp readings?

This unit will get different temps by using both elements, using one of the two elements, sending power to a small heater in the operating ( cycling ) thermostat so it will cycle faster or slower for different temps.

jeff.

Hi Jeff, I described the problem incorrectly. The dryer drys at a high temp even when the temp selector is set to a low temp.

The dryer drys at a high temp even when the temp selector is set to a low temp.

What makes you believe that? What where the temp readings?

If getting too hot I'd check the heating element to make sure it is not grounded to ground and staying on all the time....if ok for sure check/change the operating ( cycling ) thermostat as it controls the normal on and off temps through the drying process.
http://www.applianceaid.com/grounded.html

00647652.jpg

Cycling thermostat with bias heater. On blower housing

jeff.

Back