Hello from Northern Maine

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

capman1

Reaction score
Hello everyone.

This looks like a great place. I purchased a new home last year so I'm not the most experienced do it myselfer, but I will offer anything I have and look forward to all the ideas and know how that everyone else has to offer.

Nice to meet everyone.

Matt Beil

I always wanted to say that.:beer:

Now for us folks here in the northeast, there is northern Maine...and then there is NORTHERN Maine. I have a place we go to up in Jackman my buddy owns. And of course I have to make it up to Moosehead evrey 5 years or so to go sleddin.
Pull up a stump, and set round the fire, we have plenty of fun around here too.:D

Jackman and Moosehead... Wow! That's in the middle of nowhere. LOL I'm really North. Limestone to be exact. By the old Loring Air Force Base.

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone.

Matt

Welcome Matt,

I just Google-Earthed Limestone Maine just for fun. I landed in the 200 block of Main Street in front of the old Thompson's store. Must be closed.:)

What on earth does a guy find to do in Limestone Main?:) Looks like one of the small towns around here without an AF Base.:)

That there is farming country..... And the Gaspe' loop takes a few days by sled...as long as your equipment does not break down.
yup...your North alright.:D

Yep, I'm sure North Inspector'. Bud, Thompson's closed down about 4 years ago. As far as things to do around here... Snowmobiling, Skiing, Snow shoeing, Four wheelin', Hunting, Fishing, Hiking, Canoeing, ..... The list goes on. Plenty to do! And as far as an ex New Yorker is concerned, The secluded lifestyle is just what I want. I love this place!

The old air force base draws lots of attractions too. Concerts, Racing, and things like that. The Phish concerts are good for about 70,000 fans strong in our town.

Back