Weird creepy weed, what is it?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

handyguys

Reaction score
okay - I have never seen this before. I'm curious if anyone knows what it is. I had a few and they pulled up easily when the ground was moist.

My daughter describes them as "creepy" weeds.

You can click the image to see it larger.

Its low to the ground, mixed in with crab grass. You don't really see it unless you mow low.

You mean it would have grown into this before I killed it!!!! Yikes!
profanateurs02.jpg

They look like the ones we had everywhere when I lived in Arizona, they are real pain to get rid of and the ants love them for some reason.

They look like the ones we had everywhere when I lived in Arizona, they are real pain to get rid of and the ants love them for some reason.

I pulled about 40 of those weeds today from my Havasu house and you are correct, the ants love them for some strange reason!

okay - I have never seen this before. I'm curious if anyone knows what it is. I had a few and they pulled up easily when the ground was moist.

My daughter describes them as "creepy" weeds.

You can click the image to see it larger.

Its low to the ground, mixed in with crab grass. You don't really see it unless you mow low.

Looks like Purslane to me. Portulaca oleracea - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Spray it with 2-4D.

On a side note, you shouldn't mow too low. That injures the grass and ironically, makes it easier for weeds to move in. As I understand it, most grass should remain a couple of inches long - unless you have a golf course.

I have seen a lot of them in my old place. They creep along the ground and take over the whole area unless pulled out. When the soil is moist they come out quite easily too. But, the problem is they keep coming back.

Back