Candy

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Admin

Reaction score
Anyone else love and eat candy all the time? If so what's your poison?

I have yet to meet a candy I don't like, but I like the old school maple nut clusters, and things like that I grew up on.

I'm just wondering how many other adults have a candy budget?

I love Butterfingers and Reeses P-nut Butter Cups, but I have to admitt I only eat a couple a year. And donuts...them I have to avoid also, I'm afraid the internet isn't big enough if I ate all I wanted to...:D

Really I'm the only adult that eats candy?

I don't believe it.

Are you guys eating salty stuff then?

Austin -

there a few aroun.

One is the old Pearson's Nut Goodie that has a lot of maple and flavor. The manufacturer (for decades) is local to St. Paul, Mn and the distribution is limited. - Sort of like some other old candy treats.

The old family ownership has changed and it may be available in a wider area. The first change was to switch from fresh roasted peanuts to cashews for new product and it was flop because of the lack of salt in the mixture. Somehow, salt enhanced many foods, especially if chocolate is involved.

Dick

Nope, gave up chips and soft drinks too.

So you survive on air?

Austin -

there a few aroun.

One is the old Pearson's Nut Goodie that has a lot of maple and flavor. The manufacturer (for decades) is local to St. Paul, Mn and the distribution is limited. - Sort of like some other old candy treats.

The old family ownership has changed and it may be available in a wider area. The first change was to switch from fresh roasted peanuts to cashews for new product and it was flop because of the lack of salt in the mixture. Somehow, salt enhanced many foods, especially if chocolate is involved.

Dick

I'll check them out. There was a site some time ago that old school candy.

I had a serious seven year addiction to Atomic Fireballs. Probably paid off the dentist's Porsche.

Ever try the Lindt chocolate balls?

cxxccx.jpg

xvcd.jpg

I love pretty much all types of junk food but trying to cut back. Favorite right now is Maple Fudge and salt water taffy.

These things were the worst ever, I remember getting tricked by the name when I was a kid :(
images

Now we know why Austin wants to time travel

That and other general awesomeness.

I had a serious seven year addiction to Atomic Fireballs. Probably paid off the dentist's Porsche.

Ever try the Lindt chocolate balls?

I have, I spent a lot of money on those awesome little things.

I love pretty much all types of junk food but trying to cut back. Favorite right now is Maple Fudge and salt water taffy.

These things were the worst ever, I remember getting tricked by the name when I was a kid :(
images

I'm going nuts on Goo Goo clusters.

I'm going nuts on Goo Goo clusters.

I have been to the Standard Candy Company plant here in Nashville that makes Goo Goo's, it smell wonderfull, in fact it's right arouind the corner from the Krispy Creme factory. I gain 5#'s just driving down the street.

I bought a bunch for my Dad. He's watching my kids tomorrow and his birthday is next week, so I bought him candy, Mad Magazine and a bottle of wine.

Austin said:
I bought a bunch for my Dad. He's watching my kids tomorrow and his birthday is next week, so I bought him candy, Mad Magazine and a bottle of wine.

Just one bottle of wine????

I'll take my candy and vintage mad copies with a bottle of cheap vodka, glass not required.

Latest posts

Back