Garden Hose kinks?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wuzzat?

Reaction score
For a 5/8" hose with a coupling at only one end, cut off 1" of 3/4" ID copper pipe, make a lengthwise cut, deburr the inside, expand the cut opening to 1/4", slide it to the last kink in the hose and work your way up to the first kink with more fittings, then squeeze each closed with pliers.
The hacksaw works better on this thin-walled pipe if you have it cutting in the pulling direction.

For a hose with a coupling at both ends, I guess it'll work if you cut the pipe into two sections and clamp it at the kink using wrapped string, see
http://www.google.com/search?q=whip...ra.com%2Fbot%2Fview.pl%3FQianJinTying;540;296
The string will last longer if you soak it with stain or varnish.

This did work for my 1/6 hp sump pump output pipe which is a 5/8" scrap garden hose.

Last edited:
Sometimes a scrap garden hose is the right answer. but if you have to do this much work to make it work, get a better hose. maybe use a scrap washing machine hose. Or visit the back aisle at HD and see what kind of tubing they offer.

Kufungisisa is my next handle...unless you grab it first. That's the reason I'm slow on projects.

Well anyway, sometimes it's just a matter of occupying oneself....

Latest posts

Back