DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > DIY Home Improvement > General Home Improvement Discussion > Where can I find a tool like this?

Help Support House Repair Talk by donating using the link above.

Old 01-24-2018, 04:48 AM  
Mastercarpenty
Liked 92 Times on 73 Posts
Likes Given: 102

There are special drywall blades made in the 'sawzall' type though the usual 'jab' or hand-held drywall saw will work better. On the rare occasion where I want to use a sawzall blade by hand I just clamp it in vise-grips. If that's not good enough I go to the truck and get the sawzall which is the correct handle for this type of blade.

A good alternative here is a folding pruning saw

Phil

People Like This 
Old 01-26-2018, 09:37 PM  
slownsteady
Administrator
HRT_ADMIN.png

Liked 1161 Times on 963 Posts
Likes Given: 1907

I often buy a cheap version of the tool to see how much I really use and how much it is really worth. Sounds like this one is a dud if it can't do the job or if it is more frustrating than it's worth. As was said above, use the sawzall when you need it and use a wallboard saw when you're cutting drywall.

Old 01-28-2018, 09:00 PM  
aNYCdb
Liked 29 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 17

I have the Milwaukee Jabsaw (I think I got it on ebay because i saw it for $5 shipped free a couple of years ago) and I like it in a pinch. I mostly use it as a hacksaw in tight spaces where I either am worried about damaging something (cutting toilet flange bolts), or when its just not worth getting out something that I have to plug in (cutting a couple nails that I didn't notice while I'm hanging drywall). Work good and I always have extra reciprocating saw blades that I can use. That sail like other people have mentioned I wouldn't recommend using it with really long demo blades.